Thursday, May 31, 2012

Bon Iver.

If I had to choose my favorite Holiday, it would be my birthday. People argue that it isn't a real holiday, but I argue back "yes it is". 
For the past few years I have taken my birthday to full advantage and been celebrating what most college students recognize as "Birthday Week" which as it sounds is an entire week (or two) celebrating your birth.  Now this usually consists of going out to dinner every night, and doing whatever the birthday girl/boy wants.  This has always been a huge deal and my favorite week of the year, but something weird happened to me this year and I didn't even hardly get into it.  Needless to say, my 21 birthday was a good one, although nothing crazy in the slightest.
On my birthday I spent most of the day packing for Africa (I was way more excited for Africa and World Oceans Day [June 8] to focus on my birthday) and then went to Spaghetti Factory with my family for dinner which was quite delicious. 


My dad did make me an adorable Safari themed birthday cake in honor of Sunday-- it was even made from scratch!


I got some sweet Keens, a solar shower, a sun hat, a skirt and dress, a whale clip board and bag, and a cute shirt for my birthday... but most importantly, BON IVER CONCERT TICKETS!!!!




My friend Lou bought the tickets a month ago for my birthday and completely had me tricked that he was going with his friend.  I was so sad because the concert sold out the day they went on sale and I was too late and I couldn't go.  Now let me just start by saying that Bon Iver is my favorite artist of all time.  He is so amazing and i am OBSESSED. Anyways, I invited Lou to my funeral before the concert (he was coming down for it and I was going to kill myself since I wasnt going) and he surprised me only two hours before it started.
 
Tears of joy were shed.
 
It really was the best night of my life.  The concert was at Red Butte Garden and it was just so beautiful and Bon Iver did an amazing job (He sounds even better live!). I just have such a love for Bon Iver and I am so glad I got to go and have the best night of my life before taking off to Tanzania on Sunday!!!!
 
Listen gang, all I'm saying is if you don't know who Bon Iver is.. your life sucks.  If you only know him because of Skinny Love, you haven't even scratched the surface on how life changing his his.  Stop wasting your life and listen to him now!!!



But like I always say... "For all your lies, you're still very lovable" - Bon Iver

No comments:

Post a Comment