Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Check THAT off my "to do" list.

My whole life, I have always wanted to go on a hot air balloon ride! I'm not sure why, but I just always thought there was something so cute about them.  
However, when I was probably only 6 years old, my demon older sister Krista told me that hot air balloons take kids to the middle of the ocean where the basket drops off so sharks can eat them! I lit'rally was scared for life until one day I actually sat and thought about it and realized she was definitely just being the tool-ish older sister just trying to scare me as always.









It all started a few months ago-- There I was, sitting in class with only a few short weeks until my big graduation day when I got a text from my mom that asked me if I wanted to go on a hot air balloon ride with her! It was like all my dreams came true because I didn't even have to beg!!!  It worked out perfectly because my mom wasn't able to make it to only the biggest day of my life thus far, my COLLEGE GRADUATION because she was busy helping children in Africa.  Luckily we were able to go on this ride together so I was able to find forgiveness for her in my tall dark soul (just kidding... but seriously).  

It really was all I dreamed of! It was so fun and peaceful just floating around the sky.  There is nothing quite like standing in a wicker basket hundreds of feet up in the air where you can see for miles.  I am proud of young Ann and I for being so brave and not even crying once! Anyways, I would highly recommend it if you like to enjoy life.


It really does feel like a huge accomplishment-- flying on a Hot Air Balloon since I've been talking about them and how "it's been my dream" for my whole entire life. Thanks mom!



But like I always say... "Nothing says 'Sorry I missed your college graduation  like a Hot Air Balloon ride!"

No comments:

Post a Comment