Sunday, August 25, 2013

Show Me the True Blooded Aggie From Utah

An Ode to the Best Four Years of my Life. 

I'm not going to lie... Today is a really strange day for me.  In fact, its been a weird week.  With being social media friends with all 1000 of my sorority sisters comes the constant reminder that I'm not up there this year.  Although I am quite thrilled that I didn't have to go to Spirit Weekend this year (it was fun while it lasted... just glad its over), it is a really strange feeling knowing that I'm not going back. And that Logan is no longer my home.

 There I am at an Aggie Basketball Game my Freshman Year


I keep seeing so many tweets and pictures of "Oh it's SO AMAZING to be back in Logan" while I'm just saying "Oh good, I'm SO happy for you" while I slam my computer shut. No really, I'm not bitter... Just a little bummed.  

Going to USU was the best decision I made in my whole life.  I grew so much as a person being able to live out on my own.  I met my best friends through my sorority and lifelong friends through roommates, my Social Work program, and through my jobs.  

No really, it is a huge relief to know that I'm not going to have to cram study and spend 12 hours in the library studying for exams and writing multiple 20+ page papers and going more group projects than I could ever count... But I do miss Logan. I miss the environment.  I miss the people.  And I am bummed out that ALL my friends that are still up there (and I could not be more grateful that Bryan felt sorry enough for me, he thought he'd stay here and keep me company).

SHOUT OUT  to the Basketball Games, Dorms, Quick Stop, SAAVI, Old Main, the Quad, Fraternity Dance Parties, The Howl & Mardi Gras, End of the Year Bash, PoBev, Guest Speakers, Logan Canyon, First Dam, Texas Roadhouse, 12 hour sessions in the Library, amazing Social Work professors, Monday night meetings, All Greek, Pin Attire, Elections, Socials, Exchanges, Formals, and just creeping out the KD window.

I absolutely loved my life up there and I would never change my experience for anything.
  Keep that Aggie Pride alive! 




But like I always say... "Show me the True Blooded Aggie from Utah, Who Doesn't Love the Spot-- Where the Sagebrush Grows"

No comments:

Post a Comment