Friday, August 8, 2014

The most wonderful time of the year.

This summer has been nothing short of perfect.  I'm serious.  
Since my preschool job is only hourly, I technically "don't have a job" for the summer…
Luckily I completely established my swimming lessons over the past 7 years so we weren't left hangin'

Swimming lessons is the BEST summer job I could ever ask for.  I wish I could do it all year round.  Although I don't love being in the pool all the time (because I get WAY sunburned and it dries about my hair and my body is a complete raisin at the end of each day…) it is the best job ever! I am so grateful for all of the support and referrals I got this summer that made it possible for Bryan and I to eat and pay our rent this summer.

Bry did summer school all summer, so although it wasn't "ideal", it actually pretty much was! It was so much fun! Neither of us had full time jobs so we both worked in the morning and were able to spend the rest of our days together. He did a lot of studying, I did a lot of reading… so it worked out!

Our first summer together has been pretty dreamy.  If you recall, last summer Bryan was at summer sales (aka hell) last summer so we weren't able to spend much time together.  This summer is a completely different story.  I have loved every second of working hard and playing even harder these past few months.  

I'm already foreseeing my future of when I'm an old lady and reminiscing back on this summer and how when I look back I'll think about... 

all the times we laid in the hallways under the vent of our swamp cooler to keep cool
and how we laid in our bed for at least 1000 hours watching Netflix and got smart off of documentaries
our "scaring" phase where we scare the crap out of each other when the other person was in the shower or coming home from work

I'll think about working together, and how we would walk all over SLC delivering flyers.  This really was one of my favorite parts.

I'll think about our midnight scooter rides around the city
and watching horror movies at noon
and drinking diet coke for any occasion.


watching our friends fall in love and attending weddings.

our trips to Cedar
buying your knife
 shooting guns
going to the golf range
and all things manly




I'll think of all of our trips up the canyon, and your amazing grilled burgers and chicken
and the time you visited us up at girls camp
and we went to Youth Conference together.



and our 24th traditions of fishing, and "Bucking Bull Wars"
I'll think about our first time REAL camping, in a real tent
watching so many fireworks
and how the mountain caught on fire


I'll think of the two solid weeks were were so sick and how we took care of each other
and ate hot soup in the middle of July.

the time we did a cleanse together
almost killed ourselves after 2 1/2 hours at the gym
and the nights we ate entire bags of Riesens in one sitting.

visiting both of our families as they came into town and visited us. 

I'll never forget our addiction to "Hungry Shark Evolution" and Cornhole, and how you built us our own set with your bare hands.


wearing whale socks
so many hours of swimming together.
going to the drive in movies 
Bees games
and the night you made a new best friend in the hot tub.

I felt like we were busy running around all summer
but now that I think about it, all I remember is laying around and cuddling with you.



I know summer isn't even over quite yet, but I feel like I'm already out of time. I go back to school in just a couple weeks.
Thank you for making this the most fun and memorable summer of my life, i love you Bryan!



1 comment: