Monday, February 13, 2012

February 14

In only a few mere hours is the most precious, romantic day filled with chocolates, flowers, hearts and most used terms of endearment day of the year for all those happy couples; or the black, dark, awful "single-awareness day" for all those love haters.  I don't necessarily feel I fall into either category.  I actually love Valentines Day (considering how single I am... not an advertisement).  I would consider it my fourth favorite holiday in fact! Of course after Birthday Week, Earth Day and Cinco De Mayo!


Now I personally don't have a significant other, nor have I really had any very many Valentines days in the past, but I just love it! It gives you an excuse to give flowers, cards, candy, and heart-patterned nightgowns to all those that you love! You get to eat little heart shaped treats, watch romantic comedies, and listen to slow-jams all day long! What's not to love?
I'll tell you what is not to love as far as all my single ladies go.  Now, for the past 14 day's I've heard nothing but "uggggh Valentines day... ew" and "I'm going to be alone forever" and even "Wait, whats on February 14th? Oh that's Valentines day? I must have forgotten".... yeah, I'm so sure. NOT.
I just feel bad for all the girls in the world on Valentines Day because truly I think that is the day everyone just get's pissed.
Girls usually fall into 1 or 2 categories. Either you have a boyfriend and hate Valentines Day because then your boyfriend has to get you something (oh poor baby, you actually have to get presents...)
But if you're single then you are stuck eating chocolates all by yourself crying and completely letting yourself go because you don't have a hot date or something ridiculous.
To all my single friends, GET OVER YOURSELF. 
and to all my "in a relationship friends", sorry that your boyfriend spoiled you with dinner, flowers, and endless compliments.  Sorry you had to go through that the WHOLE DAY! Your life must be so hard.... 

Sorry I'm not sorry
truth hurts.

1 year ago from today (Feb 13) I got dumped by my boyfriend (ouch... yeah I took the hint)
366 days before that we had our first kiss (I told him I was sick because I really didn't want to kiss him... he said "I'm willing to risk it" and 3 months later he was my boyfriend... how precious....)
And here I am this year, single with no crushes, no kisses, and not even as much as a cuddle in the past few months. And surprisingly I'm totally fine with it (except last night I really just wanted to cuddle... something that pretty much never happens to me. what have I become?!?!!?)

All I'm saying is... Valentine's Day isn't made to ruin people's lives.  It really is probably made so that boys get a clue and remember to spoil their girls at least one day of the year (and if he misses that, its time to move on, just sayin').
And a day for single girls to take time to appreciate themselves. Remember the loves they had in the past, but remind themselves WHY that is in the past and how to move from that relationship to the next (aka step-stones in my Love & Stuff post). Take time to spoil yourself, appreciate your family, friends, sisters, roomies, etc.  

Realize that Valentines Day is a day to celebrate love, and that doesn't always mean romantic love!


But like I always say... "Be my Valentine"


3 comments:

  1. Valentines Day is not just for girls to receive gifts. It is a two way holiday. Women have to give also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha. no it is not. its all for the girls CJ!

    anyway. i feel the same way as you do. it does not have to be romantic love. even if you don't have a significant other, there are still people in your life who you love, so show it!!! Great post.

    p.s. were you trying to send a message to someone in particular? you sound a little bugged.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahah just sooo many girls are like wah wah i hate valentines day and i was just like SHUT UP GET OVER IT! hahaha but i probs just took it personally becuase i love valentines day. not one person, just a lot of people being babies hah

    ReplyDelete