Monday, September 15, 2014

Backpacking Kings Peak.

This weekend I seriously did one of the hardest things I've ever done. 

I've never backpacked in my life, but one Sunday Bryan's cousin and her family invited us to go backpacking with them.  Just casually hike 30 miles to the highest peak in Utah, and we agreed! 

















here are some of the weekend's highlights...
My Green Pants (STOP HATING ON THEM to all my h8rs)
In fact… my green jumpsuit
seeing two MOOSE!
seeing that "giant bunny"
waking up to frost inside of our tent
hearing animals outside of our tent
eating freeze dried food
still smelling like a campfire
not getting any blisters!
almost puking off the side of the peak
becoming "one with nature"
hiking 3 miles in the total darkness
pretty sure seeing the northern lights…
seeing the most amazing night sky
having sore ankles, hips, shoulders, knees, thighs, and butt.
living to tell the story.

Bryan was such an amazing support. Seriously, there were probably 3 times I thought I was on the brink of death, and he did everything to make me warm, comfortable, and strong enough to make it (aka he carried basically everything for me).  he is amazing, and I love him.  It was so fun going backpacking for the first time with each other! It was such a fun adventure and definitely something we will look back on miss the "good old days" when we are 90 years old.

a new hobby perhaps… who knows.  it's too soon to say for sure. 

Huge shout out to the Robinson's for inviting us! We love your crazy family.

but like I always say… "are we there yet?"

No comments:

Post a Comment