Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Rookie Mistake.

As sad as I am finals are only once a year, this next month it's time to move on to bigger and better things...
For starters, when I was laying in bed last night I thought to myself "I'm going to become more domestic this winter break"Funny joke. Seriously, I know. Me? Domestic? My favorite coat is missing 3 buttons because I cant sew them on.  I don't eat because I can't cook.  I've lived my life in the Kappa Delta house for years excusing myself from every crafternoon saying "I'm not crafty" to my friends who could easily out-craft Martha Stewart with their eyes closed (honestly).  So... I got inspired. As lame as I am, I started by looking on pinterest, but seriously peeps I don't even know where else I would even begin!
 

So today is day 1 of my domestic travels for the next month and into next semester.  I had this brilliant idea to bake my friend Steve Drake (Shout out- Happy 22nd Birthday!) a giant cupcake.  To some, this sounds simple, but to people like myself it is a big step and actually quite impressive.  What started out as a nice day Pinteresting and baking with my sis Melissa (shout out- love you) turned into a 3.5 hour experience of death.  Long story short, I couldn't get the cake out of the pan and it crumbled into a billion pieces (didn't flour the pan... rookie mistake). Also, I don't even have a clue how to make frosting (until today) and truly was havin' a rough time! Thank goodness Mel is like the #1 home-maker (tied with my other sis Krista) and she said "nothing a little frosting can't fix" and literally saved my poor and pathetic cup-cake.  



Not exactly the best start to me becoming domestic, but hey, the cupcake turned out precious and Steve LOVED it. who wouldn't?

Okay, so I'm an embarrassment to the woman race because I can't cook, sew, or craft.  But since I am publicizing my new domestic goals and experiences via blog, I basically have to now since I don't wanna let down my fans. Ha.
But like I always say "If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen"
in my case, heat being skills and whatnot... bring on the heat.

2 comments:

  1. haha i just realized that all of your posts end with "like i always say" and a quote! Love it! You are going to be such a great little blogger:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i thought it was a nice touch to tie it all together. hahaha

    ReplyDelete