Thursday, December 29, 2011

Highlights of 2011

Oh what a year this one has been!!! So many good times and good experiences.  Today I was reflecting back on this past year and all the things I've done, and forgot how much has happened!


I said goodbye to my Grandma Rae, but hello to my nephew Greyson. 


I went to concerts (Sarah Mclachlan, Kid Cudi, Atmosphere, Sugar Ray, Lady Antebellum, Journey and Foreigner to name a few!)


I went to formals and fun parties!



I went to jazz games (shout out- bulls game. D-Will/Jerry Sloan's last game)
I got accepted into the Social Work program!
I did the impossible and passed Math 1010 (the second time) and got my first 98% on a truly truly difficult class (stats 1040) and maintained a 3.5 GPA!!!
I got new positions in Kappa Delta (Song Leader, Socials, Leadership Co-Chair)

I went to Lake Powell.  I went to Vegas.  I went to Bear Lake. 




One time I bawled my eyes out because I think I truly felt my heart break for the first time.
I have made my closest friends I know I will have for life this year.



I had a triple birthday party and turned the big 2-0!



I taught swimming lessons and worked at Supersonic Car Wash
I've welcomed friends back after years of being away, as well as said goodbye to others.
I finished the Book of Mormon
I met some really incredible people.

I have mixed feelings about it being the end of the year...
I really cant believe how fast this year went by! I feel like such an old lady when I say this, but seriously my life is flashing before my eyes!!!! It feels like just yesterday I was up at a friend's cabin ringing in the new year... And here we are, 365 days later.  It makes me think of what I really have accomplished and how I have grown as a person.  There are a lot of things I wish I did differently, but so many things I am happy to be a part of.  With the new year coming its a relief to think that I will have a fresh new start and live life to the fullest.  My friend said something at his homecoming speech that really has stuck with me and I want to apply with the new year. He said
"Don't miss the chance"
This year my goals are to not miss the chance to serve, travel, love, and to learn.
It's easy to get caught up in every day life and sometimes just go through the motions. 
It's time for a fresh start, a new year peeps! 
DON'T MISS THE CHANCE

But like I always say... "Life moves pretty fast.  If you don't stop and look around once in a while... you could miss it."





No comments:

Post a Comment