Monday, December 5, 2011

Finals aka Death

Finals... honestly, need I say more? It seems like my whole life leads up to the moment of finals week. That is how i prepare for it anyway.  Let me start by saying, I actually have loved 90% of my classes this semester and I'm so happy I'm finally in the Social Work program! This semester I have taken Social Work practice 1, Research Methods, English 2010, Stats 1040, and Child Welfare. A 15 credit schedule.  Not too bad, and actually they are all really interesting.  Most of my teachers have actually been generous enough to me this semester that this so-called "dead week" is basically my finals this week.

University definition of Dead Week:  no tests, no quizzes, no assignments.
MY definition of dead week: 1 quiz, 10 page research paper, 34 page research packet, 2 Finals, 1 study outline...
dead week for me = literally I almost died aka dead week aka kill myself week..

But seriously... I'm done with school after my Stats test on Monday and then I get to be home from Christmas with my family for a whole month and I could not be more excited.  It's sad because I haven't been able to get in the Christmas spirit because all I think about the different types of sexual abuse, what kind of research design to use, what the probability the dice is going to have a "6" is, and how violence in the media affects children!!! All I know is... I could not be happier to have a fresh start in January! And to all my fans reading this... please pray for me this week for finals, trust me, I'll need it. But like I always say... "I am calm, I am confident, and I can do this" - As said by all my KD sisters.

No comments:

Post a Comment