Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Sistas

Today I miss my sis Melissa and am waiting for my sis Krista to text me back, so in the meantime I though I am going to blog about them...

Let me start by saying my sisters are seriously my best friends.  I am truly obsessed with them. some may even call it creeeeeepy...... but I can't help it! Seriously, there is something about having a friend who looks and talks and acts just like you and wants to do all the same things you do! My sisters & I are all so similiar but so different at the same time.  But we all do such a good job about talking and getting together regularly.

They both do such a good job about giving me advice in my life. They always ask me about what is going on in my love life, with school and with my friends.  I am a pretty open person about my life so I really feel I have no problem just telling them everything.  They always give me advice about what I should do, especially with boys.  They both always talk about how they want me to get married (which is pretty creepy)
Melissa once said "well I'M ready for you to be married...." I was just like "haha well that's great YOU are, because I'm not!"
My other sister Krista goes out of her way to try and get me married.  That girl has seriously set me up and given people my number all the time! (its because she got married at 19 so she thinks i'm an old lady)
My latest FB status (thanks to krista) said "needs a boyfriend so I can get married in 2012! It's my ONLY New Years resolution, and I'm NOT going to let myself down."
17 "likes" and 18 comments later; I have a few potential new husbands (not)!



So, this is Melissa, but I think the best word to describe her is "Shrub".   Every time I go home she is the #1 person I need to see.  I love her because I can tell her anything.  She is the best because when I hate boys, she hates them too.  Or when I'm pissed at someone, she's pissed at them too! and if I feel weak and want to text my ex-crush, she tells me NO and gives me a list of 1000 reasons why I can't.  We spend a lot of time just chilllaxin on her couches with her kids, cook food (or i just watch her mostly), watch 4 hours of TV and feel good about it, run errands, and talk/work on our goals.  She is also the one that made me start a blog and pinterest and start crafting and cooking.  She has given me so much advice about my future, I really think it has changed my life. She is always willing to listen to me and is one of the first people I need to tell when sometime great/ridiculous/lame/annoyting things happens to me.

Another reason I love my shrub is because she brought me my nephews!



This is my nephew Canyon aka Can-man aka Canteen aka Cantoon

So he is 3 years old and CRAZY!!!!!! He says the most ridiculous things that I love and absoloutely kill me.  The other day I walked into their house and he just goes "yo". (i dont know where he learns this....)
I will take the blame for him love/hating me because i do things like lick his ear, give him sanchezes, tickle the crap out of him, and teach him to say things like "EEEEEVIIIIIIL" hahahah I think its hilarious even though he always tells me i'm being "naughty".  Even though I always joke about him being "eviiiiil" he really is such a sweet boy.  He always shares with me and tells me he loves me (if I pin him down and make him say it). 
I love his little albino-ness.
Canyon was my first love I think.





Greyson will turn 1 on February 24th! I can't believe how big the little guy is getting! Now Greyson and Canyon although brothers are very different to me.  Greyson is the cuddliest and smiliest little baby you have ever seen! he is so content to just sit and chill; but if you even do as much as look at him, he get's the biggest smile! He laughs at everything.  What I find the most presh about these 2 crazy boys is how obsessed with each other they are! After they are both done with their daily snooze, they just can't wait to see each other.  Greyson just climbs on Canyon and Canyon always is giving him hugs and kisses. oh, and I also love when Canyon calls him "g-funk" (he talks just like Melissa haha its hilarious).  It really is adorable, and Mel says is best when she says "Greyson melts my heart".






This is my Sista Krista aka Keeka
This picture definitely sums her up best! First of all, she crafted that sweater!!!! second, I think she invented that pose.  So Krista is seriously also one of my best friends.  I know I am so lucky because I know lots of sisters who don't have a relationship like ours.  I am especially lucky because she lives in Logan only about 5 minutes away from me! Now I know I have been sorta a crappy sister and haven't seen her as much as I should, but I'm always glad when I do!

She is so goofy. Seriously, hilarious! Even though she would say otherwise, I think she is probs the ditziest in our fam (sorry), but I'm glad.  I always have such a good time with her!

Okay so as just a sidenote, but still an important note: my sisters were pregnant at the same time.  And they were both OUT OF CONTROL whether they knew it or not.  It was so funny but trust me when I say "Pregnant people DON'T HAVE BRAINS!!!"

So Krista is pregnant and my whole family is watching conference when (I think it was Elder Holland? not quite sure..) gave his wife a shout-out and said  "The beautiful Patricia-Terri".  So Krista (in all seriousness) is like "what is a patricia terri?"  The question didn't even make sense to me, I was like "what do you mean?" and she was like "he just said patricia terri".  I was like ohhhh myyyy gosh are you serious? I was like "that is his wifes name!!" and she was STILL so confused! even though this story is hilarious now I just remember being like frusturated at the time and even saying "don't talk to me until after you have you baby because you seriously have no brain!" hahahaha this is just one of the good times that we have had together.

Krista is also so good about crafting, cooking, and being productive (i guess we are all similar yet different in this way).  Whenever we get together there is always a project or something that she wants to work on.  One time we even painted her living room wall (from a nasty green camo... seriously, to a nice beige color).  It was an all day event but it was so satisfying and I'm not stressed out by her  creepy wall anymore. 


One of my favorite things about Krista is this tiny baby girl she brought into my life
Now, Lillie girl is my first niece and I am seriously OBSESSED!
She is like the busiest one year old ever.  She is always crawling or climbing onto everything! She is so precious because she just turned 1 and already loves "pretties" like necklaces, watches, rings, and bracelets.  She has the most beautiful blue eyes and the cheesiest smile whenever you pull out the camera.  I think she is the perfect Gerber Baby and all i want to do is cuddle her but she wont ever let me!


I just feel like there is still so much I want to say about my sisters but it's hard to put it all into words.  They are seriously my best friends and I have more fun with them when we all get together than anyone.  They are such good examples to me and keep me motivated, stick to my goals, discover new skills, advice on my future, listen to me when I'm happy angry or upset.  We have fun when we are doing things, or even fun when we just sit on the couch and catch up with each other for hours.

Being in a sorority taught me so much about sisterhood.  Now I absolutely LOVE my KD sisters and that is something so special and I absolutely adore.  But there really is nothing like having a real flesh and blood sister who you look and act just like.  Keep your relationship good with your sisters always because they will always be there for you! I love and miss you already, sistas!

but like I always say "friendships come and go, but sistas are forever"


1 comment:

  1. aw this is so precious! It made me cry a little. I love you both so much too and I'm so glad we are sisters. You two are seriously my best friends. Forever.

    ReplyDelete