Thursday, July 12, 2012

First Love

 Your first love never dies, that's what I always say.
In this case, it is a very important first love; one of the most important people in my life (or the three). This post is for my nephews and my niece.

July 12 was a very important day in my life. The day my first nephew was born.. Canyon Scott Campbell. I remember that day like it was yesterday... and here we are, 4 years later with two other small children, Lillie and Greyson. My senior year in high school in my Adult Roles class we had to say who the most significant person in our lives was. I said my nephew Canyon... and I still truly mean that to this day.  To say I am obsessed with being an aunt would be an understatement.  My sisters are truly my best friends and being in Africa for the summer has been the best but also the hardest thing I've done in my life. I miss both of my sisters like crazy, but also their children.  I've always tried to be a children kind of person (I mean, I am working with orphans after all), and hey-- don't get me wrong... kids are adorable, but there is nothing else like your niece and nephews love.
The kids I work with every day at Tuleeni Orphanage are some of the most sweet, pure, and cute children I have ever met. As twisted as it sounds, it makes me miss my bratty, stubborn, and even partially evil kids that I claim as my own  back in America


I guess what I'm trying to say is... Melissa and Krista... this one is for you! Thanks for being my best friends and bringing the most important people into my life.  Lets bring some more when I get home!









love you three to pieces. miss you like crazy.


But like I always say... "you're first love really never dies"

2 comments:

  1. awwww that made me cry a little. As evil as they can be, they still love you:) Canyon asks me about you all the time and asks if you are ok and every time we pull up to mom and dad's house and see your car he asks me if you are home yet. Greyson is wondering the same thing, he just can't talk yet. And actually, Canyon has been so good for about the last month. He has hardly been evil at all. It started about when you left.... hmmm... I wonder if that is a coincidence??? JK LOVE YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok and I did cry a little. I didn't realize you loved our children so much. I mean I know you are obsessed with them, but I also think that you used to not be a child lover. Lillie misses you and still points to your picture on our fridge. Canyon is a little evil though, he bites Lillie, but she bites him back now so its ok. (JK Mel) Love my nephews to death! Love you sis!

    ReplyDelete